If you’ve been in the e-commerce space for a long time, you probably know that a successful online store is not just about conversions, but getting your customers to make repeat purchases. How do you get them to spend over and over again in your store when there are a lot of deals at their disposal somewhere else? It turns out the best strategy is to use your customer loyalty program. Designed with the online customer in mind and touted as an excellent Woocommerce and Shopify loyalty app, the Beans Loyalty Program’, through the ‘repeat purchase’ rule gives you the opportunity to entice your customers to spend more by giving them reward points when they make repeat purchases.
How the ‘repeat purchase’ rule works
With this rule, you will offer customers reward points for making repeat purchases. You can reward your customers with extra points when they buy from your store after their first purchase. Use the rule to offer first time buyers extra points when they come back to make their second purchases. But it doesn’t have to stop there. You can use this rule for even long-term customers, by offering them extra points when they come back for their next purchase within a certain period.
For example, you can offer a first-time customer extra 400 points ($4) when they come back for their second purchase within 3 days. This sense of urgency will get your customers rushing to your store in order to enjoy the extra points you are providing.
Advantages of the ‘repeat purchase’ rule
The Beans Loyalty Program serves as your go-to Woocommerce and Shopify loyalty app. Using the repeat purchase rule comes with the following benefits:
- Entice your customers to spend more
Research shows that customers have a 27% chance of coming back to your store after their first purchase. But that’s not all. If you can entice these customers through your marketing strategy, there is a 54% chance of them buying again and again. The ‘repeat purchase’ rule gives you the chance to foster long-term relationships with your customers by rewarding them for buying again and again.
- Reduces marketing cost
Instead of spending money acquiring new customers, who might not provide the sales you need, this rule allows you to focus on your existing customers in order to create long-term profitability by cutting down cost.
- Accumulate revenue and reputation
According to RjMetrics, repeat customers spend 300 percent more on your store. Rewarding your customers for repeat purchases boosts your revenue and helps you build a reputable brand that can stand the test of time.
How the ‘repeat purchase’ rule is innovatively used
The Kellog Company has innovatively used the repeat purchase rule to get more customers coming back to their site after the first visit. The company offered 200 points to their customers the next time they logged in. Whether you are offering a service or selling a product, you can take this example to offer customers extra points when they return to your site after their first visit or make their second purchase. The Beans Loyalty Program is a Woocommerce and Shopify loyalty app that can give you a repeat purchase rule more innovative than Kellog’s.
How to create your own repeat purchase rule
Using our Woocommerce or Shopify loyalty app to create your own repeat purchase rule doesn’t have to be a headache. We run you through the instructions below:
- Log in with your Beans loyalty details or create an account if you haven’t got one and you’ll be taken to the Beans loyalty homepage (https://loyalty.trybeans.com/home).
- Click on the “Rules” tab, located on the upper left corner of the Beans loyalty window. This should take you to the rules page (https://loyalty.trybeans.com/rules).
- Click on the “Add rule” button, located on the upper right corner of the rules page.
- This takes you to the additional rules page. Click on the “Add rule” next to the “Repeat Purchase” rule to add it to your already existing rules.
- Return to the rules page, click on the “Repeat Purchase” and set your preferences, including the interval (In Days) between two purchases that are supposed to get a customer extra points. You are also supposed to set your multiplier, thus the extra points your customers get when they return within your designated interval.
- When you are done, click “Save” and the Beans Loyalty Program takes care of the rest.