As millennials and Generation Zs become a chunk of the world’s population, e-commerce spending will grow exponentially. But not every online retailer will enjoy this growth. Those who win are the ones who know how to get customers to spend more. We all know how difficult it is to acquire new customers, how scary it is to keep them, and even more neck-breaking to get them to spend more when they land in our store. But when other retailers are already doing it, why can’t we? Using the “Cart Booster” rule as our perfect Woocommerce loyalty program or a Shopify app, we can get customers to spend 10 times more than their normal spending habit by giving them extra points when they spend a certain amount (spend more and get double points). So how does this rule benefit you?
How the ‘Cart Booster’ rule works
The Beans Loyalty Program is a perfect tool for online retailers who need an easy DIY Woocommerce loyalty program or a Shopify loyalty app for their store. The rule allows you to reward extra points to your customers when they spend above a certain threshold. For example, you can reward your customers 2 times (2X) as many points when they spend more than $100 in your shop. If you set your multiplier to be 2X, a customer who is supposed to get 100 points ($1) will now get 200 points ($2) when they meet your $100 spending threshold. In the same vein, a 3X multiplier offers 300 points ($3), and so on.
Following the example above, a customer who spends up to $80 in your store would like to buy more things worth up to $20, just so they can redeem the double points you are providing. It gingers customers to spend more and boost your revenue.
Advantages of the Cart Booster Rule
Building a Woocommerce loyalty program or Shopify loyalty points in order to excite your customers is not easy, but the Cart Booster rule has your back. Here’s what you get out of the cart booster rule.
- A bait for your customers to spend more
Just like the fisherman that gets to catch more fish because of a good bait, the Beans Loyalty Program’s “Cart Booster” rule makes a perfect fishing bait that gives new customers a reason to part with more of their money in your store – by giving them double/triple points when they spend more.
- Serves as your store’s referral tactic
Giving your customers 2X points when they spend more through the Cart Booster rule will not only increase their spending but will ginger them to refer their friends and family to your store for the same benefits. It’s a good strategy to draw in new customers.
- Build a long-term relationship with your customers
With the Cart Booster rule, your customers don’t need to go to your competitors looking for good deals, when you would provide them more for spending more. This will help you build long-term relationships with your customers.
See the ‘Cart Booster’ rule in action
In August 2018, American Express used this form of rewards for customers who buy goods at Walmart using the AMEX Card. Customers would get two additional membership reward points per dollar spent after they check out online using Amex Express Checkout.
How to create your own Cart Booster rule
Whether you are building a Woocommerce loyalty program or Shopify loyalty for your online customers, using the Cart Booster rule is as easy as 1,2,3, and here’s how to go about it.
- Go to https://www.trybeans.com/
- Log in with your Beans Loyalty details or create an account if you haven’t got one and you’ll be taken to the Beans Loyalty Program’s homepage (https://loyalty.trybeans.com/home).
- Click on the “Rules” tab, located on the upper left corner of the homepage. This should take you to the rules page (https://loyalty.trybeans.com/rules).
- Click on the “Cart Booster” rule, third on the list after the “Loyalty” rule.
- And you can now set your own rules – including the threshold (the minimum a customer would have to spend before the multiplier will be activated, as well as the multiplier, which can be 2X, 3X or 4X.
- When you are done, save your settings and the Beans Loyalty Program will get to work.